Weeds are the unwanted plants which restrict the growth of other plants. It is very common to have weeds in the lawn. They are like uninvited guests. They can be easily tackled by uprooting them. But many times it is not possible to control them manually. In such a case, one should switch to the chemical solution for this known as a weed killer. A weed killer or herbicide is a combination of various chemicals which help in removing overgrown weeds. Origin of chemical herbicide can be traced during the Second World War. One can buy best weed killer from local gardening shops or supermarkets
Types of weed killers
Weed killers can be classified under the following categories.
- Selective weed killer- A herbicide which attacks specific weed species is known as Selective weed killers. They don’t bother their neighbours.
- Non-selective weed killer– They are used to clear a wasteland they attack all the species and kill them. They all swim together and sink together. They are also known as a total weed killer.
- Organic weed killer– An organic weed killer is one which is meant for organic farming, they give effective result without the help of harmful chemicals.
A feature of Best Weed Killer
Weed killers are a good friend of farmers or gardeners. One should go through some feature of weed killer to make a smart choice and choose the best weed killer for the lawn
- It must be water soluble
- It should easy to use and effective
- It must attack the roots of weed preventing it from growing back
- It must be rainproof for some duration, at least for 30 to 40 minutes
- It should be safe for children and pets
- Also, it should not have any negative effects on soil; it must be a nature-friendly product
- Last but not the least it must be affordable
Weed killers are an effective solution for weed problem. But the best weed killer is one which provides maximum results with minimum efforts.